Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Line it, Scoop it, Easy Clean It

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

There are many, many great, family pleasing meals that we can make in the oven. Foods that are family favorites - ribs, casseroles, brisket, baked ziti or lasagna. Baked chicken, meatloaf, fish or pot roast - they are all delicious and pleasing,  stick to the ribs family favorites.

Meals that stick to the ribs have one other thing in common - they stick to the pan as well. When you are trying to serve up those delicious dinners, it can really frustrating when half of the food sticks to the pan. It's even more frustrating when that beautiful lasagna slides into a mess, or the meatloaf falls apart when you try to slice it. You might work really hard to get a meal to taste great, but if it looks like a hot mess - it can be really annoying.

What's a home cook to do?

I have, for a long time, been a proponent of parchment paper - it's smooth surface means foods don't stick, and it allows food to be lifted out of a pan neatly. I also love to line a pan with foil, especially for a meat based dish - the foil forms to the pan and makes clean up a complete cinch - just lift the foil from the pan and toss it.

When you make a dish that's gooey, cheesy and somewhat looser in form - say, mac and cheese or lasagna - lining with foil seems like a no brainer, but it's really not a good idea. After all, if you use foil, the cheese sticks - and who wants less cheese? My motto is more cheese, all the time.

Enter the Reynolds Non Stick Lining paper - truly the best of both worlds. Parchment on one side, to allow the food to lift off easily, and foil on the other, to form to the pan and make clean up a snap. After all, who wants to scrub the cheese OFF a pan when you could be enjoying the cheese IN your dish?

Or even better - in your mouth.

I rarely make baked macaroni and cheese or baked ziti, simply because the cheese makes such a mess in the pan that I just skip it. Happily for my family, I can now make those meals more often - although unhappily for my pants, which were snug to begin with.

Yummmmm. Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Probably the best dish ever made.

What is your favorite, impressive dinner item that makes a mess - and so you rarely cook it?

ŠiStockphoto.com/lostinyonkers

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Pineapple Chicken

natesmom1228
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM

lasagna

stuffed peppers

Rushn311
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:44 AM

cornish hens, because I like it crispy and buttery, so the hot heat makes it splash a lot

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Home made chicken strips...lol

It doesnt sound like much, but I get bread crumbs everywhere ! LOL

slw123
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Baked ziti (used to be).  Now that I'm lining my pans with foil, I'm not scared of the mess.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I've never seen the Lining Paper from Reynolds.  I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for that.  I do love the crock pot liners.  It makes clean up so easy.  

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Mock chicken legs. I think it might be a local thing but your whole stove is just covered in oil and grease when you're done, but they are soooo good.

othermom
by Danelle on Oct. 24, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Whop slop is a favorite but very messy

Sisteract
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I always line baking dishes and my crock pot- always.

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I haven't heard of this from reynold's will look for it next time I shop although regular aluminum foil works for me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN