Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Baked Apples with Honey and Cinnamon

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 43 Replies

I recently had the opportunity to go apple picking. I've always wanted to do it and just assumed it would forever be a part of my fall bucket list. But this year we were lucky enough to go. Now we are left with a big basket full of apples that need to be used - and fast! I found that the best way to enjoy these crisp and delicious treats is to use them in their truest form. That's why this recipe for baked apples was such a crowd pleaser! I loved it, because it was so simple.

Take your apples (and it doesn't matter what kind, as long as they are ripe), wash and cut them vertically. Use a melon baller to scoop out the core. Place in a tin foil lined baking dish and top apples with a butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake at 375 in the oven until soft.

While the apples are still hot, drizzle them with a good helping of honey. Serve in a bowl with vanilla bean ice cream.

Moms, what are some of your favorite apple recipes?

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Apple pie of course!

natesmom1228
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM

apple crisp

apple pie

sliced apples with caramel and nuts

Rushn311
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I don't make any and I don't like any

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:18 AM

OMG ! I have to try this !

louannwilkins
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I like apples most any way.  I normally just slice them and eat them but I love apple pie too. 

slw123
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Mmmm, that sounds so good!  My favorite thing to do is make caramel apples.  Melt the caramel in the crock pot and dip the apples in  =)

OliviasMommy611
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Oh, yummy!

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM

My mother makes baked apples very similar to this.  They are amazing.  Thanks for sharing. 

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Yum

I made an apple cake over the weekend, Really good.

jessicasmom1
by Laina on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

yum baked apples, apple pie, apple crisp, apple stuffing , apple squares, applesauce, apple cider

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement