Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Pumpkins - they are big, bright and have so many uses - pie, casseroles, jack-o-lanterns and more. But what about using pumpkins as the ultimate centerpiece for your fall friendly bash? Here's how to make the perfect pumpkin punch bowl.

Cut a pumpkin in half cross wise and scoop out the seeds. Save them for baking later! Line the pumpkin with tin foil and pour in some ice. Use the pumpkin bowl to chill drinks for a party.

Moms, what creative things have you done with pumpkins in year's past?

by on Nov. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Kainalu55
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM

i saw that somewhere...probably pinterest

Quoting kellynh:

Lollipop holder!! :)

Kainalu55
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM

perfect centerpiece

Quoting Sisteract:

We are having a holiday dinner party tonight as our daughter lives outside the country and will not be home for Thanksgiving- My center piece is a pumpkin:)

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:32 PM

What a great idea!  I have never done anything fun with pumpkins besides the regular carving.  Thanks!

timon95
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM

gotta admit....we have been pumpkinless the last 2yrs. never made it to the pumpkin patch

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Ok now this is the coolest idea!  The coolest thing we have done is just carve them and light them up. We do some fun designs though. =)

slw123
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I don't even buy pumpkins  =(  

We don't bother to carve because they go bad so fast here in FL.  I buy canned pumpkin for all my cooking needs.

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM

That is very creative!!

sanj1213
by Juanita on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:17 PM
That is such a pretty picture. I love the colors
powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM
We only made pumpkin bread.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsMi89
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM

That is a great  idea! Here is what we did with part of the pumpkin my son & I roasted... http://freeeatz.blogspot.com/2012_10_26_archive.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement