Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What's your favorite cookie recipe?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM
  • 267 Replies
10 moms liked this

Baking cookies goes hand-in-hand with the winter holidays. So, as part of the CafeMom Influencer Program for Reynolds Parchment, we gave moms Reynolds Parchment Paper and asked them to take part in a cookie swap.

Between now and November 9th, our influencer moms will share their favorite cookie recipe. Then, between November 10th and November 16th, our influencer moms will make another influencer's cookie recipe. By the end, there will be lots of great cookie recipes to choose from for the upcoming holidays.

Sounds fun, right? Feel free to get involved and share your favorite cookie recipe.

Click here for a $1.00 off coupon for Reynolds(R) Parchment Paper.

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Check out what some of our influencer moms are saying about Reynolds Parchment Paper:

easinpc says:
The parchment paper made it so easy to clean up. I will never make cookies without it again!

meam4444 says:
I love how the parchment paper prevents a "cookie sticker" deposit on my pans.

SuperPickle says:
The parchment paper makes cookie baking so easy. I just love it!

Godspitgrl
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

yum! I love chocolate chip macadamin nut

nana9106
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:10 PM
5 moms liked this

White-Chocolate Cherry Shortbread

Ingredients
  • 1/2
    cup maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped
  • 2 1/2
    cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2
    cup sugar
    cup cold butter
    bag white chocolate chips
  • 1/2
  • teaspoon almond extract
    spoons of the cherry liquid (optional)
    teaspoons shortening
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spread cherries on paper towels to drain well.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in drained cherries and 4 ounces (2/3 cup) of the white chocolate chips. Stir in almond extract and, if desired, cherry liquid. Knead mixture until it forms a smooth ball.

3. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in sugar, flatten balls to 1-1/2-inch rounds.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are set. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.

5. In a small saucepan, combine remaining white chocolate chips and the shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off.  Place cookies on parchment paper until chocolate is set. Makes about 60.

Got my parchment paper

Lining the pans

Kaidan sneaking a cherry

Chopping cherries

Prepared dough

Ready to go in the oven

YUM!!

Thank you Reynolds and CafeMom! My name is Darlene, and I was lucky enough to be chosen for this awesome influencer, I had so much fun! The parchment paper was great. I lined the pans with it and baked as usual. When the cookies were finished, I was suprised that each one came off of the cookie sheet with ease...absolutly no sticking at all. And there was ZERO mess and ZERO clean up for the cookie sheets. I will be using Reynolds parchment paper from now on. I shall never use just a plain cookie sheet again. What a time saver!! If you have never tried it you should make haste and get some, I swear you will never use a pan without it again. I know I wont. Thanks again Reynolds and CafeMom!

KaylaMillar
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone! My name is Kayla and i've been married to my husband Jeremy for 5 years. We have 2 beautiful children, Asher whos 4 and Jael whos 2. We currently reside in Missoula, MT. 

I finally recieved my parchemnt paper in the mail and was more than excited to use it to make my cookies. 

I made Hersheys Double Chocolate Mint Cookies

Ingredients

• 2/3 cup butter or margarine , softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  •  egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Mint Chocolate Chips

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350°F. 

2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in mint chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. 

3. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or just until set; do not overbake. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 3 dozen cookies.

I honestly have a hard time getting this cookies to turn out alot. There are usually super flat. I used the parchament paper and they turned out excellent. They cooked evenly and didnt burn. I will definatly be using parachement paper again. 

Thank you Reynolds and Cafemom! 

mommyhonu
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Ono-licious White Chocolate Chip with Macadamia Nuts

cream together

1 egg

1 cup butter flavor shortening 

1 1/2 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar 

Then mix with 

2 cups flour (for a fuller cookie, use bread flour)

2 teaspoons baking soda

2 teaspoons of cream of tartar

1 teaspoon salt 

after that is all mixed together add

1 cup white chocolate chips 

1 cup macadamia nuts * optional (chopped)

1 teaspoon vanilla

bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes

make into to balls and press center down with thumb or spoon.

These are my go to cookies when ever I need to make cookies. I made them for my family that I am visiting and got a helpful tip from my Auntie-Mom, who baked for a living as well as swears by using Reynolds Parchment Paper. By taking the cookie sheet and placing it on top of the parchment paper and outlining the bottom of the pan, you get a perfect insert of the cookie sheet every time.

The Reynolds Parchment Paper works like a dream! There's no need to worry about greasing a cookie sheet  or fear of the cookie sticking to the pan and ruining an entire batch of cookies. Will I use this product again? Just try and stop me! This forever will go hand in hand with my baking needs.

Will add photos in the morning.

Mom to 3 boys, married for 18+ yrs ...... Live, Laugh & Lots n Lots of Aloha!!!
mommyhonu :0)
eustacejessica
by Jess on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite.

eesmommy
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Vinegar cookies, crispie chewy buttery sinfully divine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperPickle
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Bump for my place! Cant wait to share my cookies.

Good Morning Cafemommers! I hope you all faired well during the great CM black out and those of you on the East Coast are safe and getting back to normal.

For this influencer I chose to make my very favorite Christmas Cookie Chewy Ginger Snaps. I started making this recipe years ago and it is always a HUGE hit!!! I have modified it to gluten free for my son and in our opinion it makes it even better. Cookies are always in demand at my house and we love to make this awesome recipe.

Chewy Ginger Snaps

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup dark molasses

1 egg

1/2 cup candied ginger, chopped*

2 tsp baking soda

2 cups flour**

1 tsp ground ginger

1 tsp ground cinnamon

3/4 tsp ground gloves

Rolling Sugar

1/4 cup granulated sugar***

1/2 tsp ground ginger

Preheat oven to 375 and line 3 cookie sheets with Reynolds parchment paper

In a bowl beat butter, sugar, molasses and egg until creamy add in candied ginger

Sift together dry ingredients. 

on a low speed add dry ingredients to the butter mix 1/4 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.

Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in the sugar. 

Arrange 12 balls about 2 inches apart on each parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes....shorter time for chewier, longer for crisper.

Allow to cool on cookie sheets for 3-5 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

* for those that havent used it, candied ginger is usually found with the dried fruits and nuts(produce area in my town) or in the baking aisle, crystalized ginger works as well, but it is pricier...you can also make your own if you have the time!

** I made my cookies gluten free using 2/3 cup white rice flour, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, 1/2 cup potato starch, 1/4 cup tapioca starch and 1 tsp xanthan gum....blend all together well before using.

*** use colored sugars for a decorative touch!

I love using Parchment paper for cookies (and cakes, and other baking LOL) it is so nice to not have to worry about non-stick sprays or adding extra fats with buttering the sheets. It makes clean up SO much easier too. I keep a good supply on hand for Holiday baking season!!

UPDATE!!!!
I was in another group and I can across a recipe for pumpkin "cream cheese". I had made a huge batch of fresh pumpkin puree so I decided to give it a try. After I made it I though it would be a FANTASTIC filling for these cookies and I was SO right!!! So i though I would add this in...

1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight, drained
1 cup cooked pumpkin (fresh or canned)
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp maple syrup, more or less to taste
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 to 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
dash of freshly ground nutmeg
Place cashews and pumpkin into a blender or food processor. Blend well.
Add in coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Process until very creamy and smooth.
Refrigerate and enjoy within one week.

Add about 1 TB to a cookie and press another over the top

Happy Halloween!

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Oct. 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

We love chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies.

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:22 PM

First let me say thank you to Cafemom and Reynolds for this great influencer. My dd is 4 and loves to help in the kitchen and baking is her favorite. For our recipe we made dd's favorite chocolate chip cookies. 

Ingredients 

2 sticks butter

3/4 c dark brown sugar 

3/4 c graulated sugar 

2 eggs 

1 tsp vanilla 

2 1/2 c flour 

3/4 tsp baking soda 

1 tsp salt 

2 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips 

Directions

Beat 2 sticks butter, 3/4 cup dark brown sugar and 3/4 cup granulated sugar  until fluffy; beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 eggs. Whisk 2 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt, then stir into the butter mixture. Add 2 cups chocolate chips and chill 30 minutes. Roll into balls and bake 8 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees

I love the parchment paper. We use it on a regular basis for our cakes and cookies. I love how easy the cookies come off the paper and the cookie sheet is so much easier to clean. DD loves it because it is always her special job to line the pan with paper. 

They could evenly and weren't burned always a plus 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN