Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What's your favorite cookie recipe?

Posted by   + Show Post

Baking cookies goes hand-in-hand with the winter holidays. So, as part of the CafeMom Influencer Program for Reynolds Parchment, we gave moms Reynolds Parchment Paper and asked them to take part in a cookie swap.

Between now and November 9th, our influencer moms will share their favorite cookie recipe. Then, between November 10th and November 16th, our influencer moms will make another influencer's cookie recipe. By the end, there will be lots of great cookie recipes to choose from for the upcoming holidays.

Sounds fun, right? Feel free to get involved and share your favorite cookie recipe.

Click here for a $1.00 off coupon for Reynolds(R) Parchment Paper.

( ) CafeMom Team

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Replies (261-267):
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM

This is the only recipe I have for cake mix cookies. Do you have another?

Cake Mix Cookies

1 box cake mix

1 egg

4 ounces thawed cool whip

Mix and roll into 1 inch balls

Roll in powdered sugar

Bake 10-12 minutes at 350

Yields 60

Quoting Nford2012:

I love chocolate chip cookies and mint chocolate cookies and here lately I have been making them out of cake mix and they come out amazing. I even made snicker doodle cookies out of french vanilla cake mix for a teacher at my daughters school. It was a big hit.

Nford2012
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Those sound yummy. Here is what I did for the chocolate chocolate chip and the strawberry chocolate chip

Chocolate chocolate chip-  1 box devils food cake mix, 2 eggs 1/2 cup oil and whatever amount of chocolate chips is to your liking. bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.

Strawberry chocolate chip- 1 box strawberry supreme cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup oil and your chocolate chips bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.

We really love these recipes.

Quoting Bmat:

Cake Mix Cookies

1 box cake mix

1 egg

Roll in powdered sugar

Yields 60

Quoting Nford2012:

I love chocolate chip cookies and mint chocolate cookies and here lately I have been making them out of cake mix and they come out amazing. I even made snicker doodle cookies out of french vanilla cake mix for a teacher at my daughters school. It was a big hit.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Thank you! They do look easy and tasty as well!

Quoting Nford2012:

Those sound yummy. Here is what I did for the chocolate chocolate chip and the strawberry chocolate chip

Chocolate chocolate chip-  1 box devils food cake mix, 2 eggs 1/2 cup oil and whatever amount of chocolate chips is to your liking. bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.

Strawberry chocolate chip- 1 box strawberry supreme cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup oil and your chocolate chips bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.

We really love these recipes.

Quoting Bmat:

Cake Mix Cookies

1 box cake mix

1 egg

Roll in powdered sugar

Yields 60

Quoting Nford2012:

Godspitgrl
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh sounds awesome

ethans_momma06
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM

So many great suggestions up in here.

wishbearmom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

They are the most requested by family and friends. They're actually a chocolate version of the mexican wedding cake cookies that are made with powdered sugar, butter and nuts.

Quoting Flaca43:

THese look good!

Quoting wishbearmom:

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE COOKIES
(Source: Pillsbury)

1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
1 c. butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 (1 oz.) square unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 (6 oz.) pkg. (1 c.) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. confectioners' sugar
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
In large bowl, beat 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and unsweetened chocolate; blend well. At low speed, blend in flour and salt. By hand, stir in chocolate chips. Shape into 1" balls; place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake @ 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
In small bowl, combine 1/4 c. confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Roll cooled cookies in cocoa mixture. 4 dozen cookies.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM

These all sound so good, and I love that more people are finding out about parchment paper. I even use it when I make a batch of bacon in the oven.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement