I have never made chili
I actually made chili yesterday. It's a crock pot recipe, though.
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
4 cans pinto beans (We hate kidney beans, so that's why we use so many cans of pintos. If you'd rather use other beans, that's fine as well)
2 pkgs. (1.25 oz. each) chili seasoning mix (you can also find recipes to make your own online)
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilis
Optional: sour cream, cheese
1. Brown ground beef and onions over medium-high heat in a skillet. Drain well.
2. Add beef mixture to crock pot.
3. Combine remaining ingredients (except optional ingredients) in a large bowl, then add to beef mixture.
4. Place lid and set slow cooker on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours (it tastes great either way)
5. Serve in individual bowls and top with optional ingredients, if desired.
I have never made chili. My mom makes the best chili and when she makes it she also makes enough to send some with me too.
I've been thinking of making some too!
My husband makes the chili and I'm not allowed in the kitchen when he makes it.
Quoting sanj1213:I'll have to dig up my recipe so I can share.
I make a meatless chili that is pretty cheap.
I do 2 cans kidney beans (you could also do black beans, if you prefer), 1 can great notherern beans, 1 can veggie broth (chicken if you wish), one sm. can tomato paste, 1 pack McCormick chili seasoning. Mix together, bring to a boil and cook until think.
You could easily add beef if you wanted meat in it.
Connect with CafeMom:
Switch to Mobile Site
Getting Started Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the CafeMom family
© 2015 CMI Marketing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Already Joined? LOG IN