The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Roasted Pork Loin and Homemade Apple Sauce

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

The chill is definitely in the air and it's finally starting to feel like winter. I've been using the oven on and off for the past few weeks, and it looks like I'm going to use it once more for tonight's dinner. What's on the menu? Roasted pork loin and applesauce - one of my family's favorites. The recipe is simple and can be adapted to your family's personal tastes.

Start with a nice sized pork loin. Place in in a greased tin foil lined baking dish. Here's where you can get creative. Use whatever spice you have to amp up the flavor. My favorite combination is a simple sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and olive oil rub. You can also use rosemary and thyme, or garlic pepper and onion powder. Bake at 425 degrees until cooked through.

For the applesauce, start with large baking apples that are washed, cored and cubed. Place in a slow cooker and cook on high, with spices and a touch of butter, until you can mash them with a fork. Serve along side slices of your pork tenderloin. Add a green salad to round out the meal.

Moms, what seasoning would you use to make this recipe your own? 

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:48 AM

I just did one and used way too much garlic. Your simple recipe looks perfect to me.

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:54 AM

OMG this sounds amazing ! I love cooking with Thyme ! :)

I might add a little garlic too.

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:09 AM

This sounds wonderful!!

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM

For us, instead of the apple sauce I would make my country onion gravy.

RobynS
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I'm allergic to both thyme and black pepper (along with some other spices), so seasoning can be a challenge for me. I love mustard and onions on pork roast! :) We have it quite a bit, though, so I like to alternate seasonings so we don't get bored.

RobynS
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Oh yum! Is that a recipe you'd care to share???

eating

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM

This is where I got the original recipe but now I use it with any meat. I also sub the beef broth for 1 cup of water mixed with onion soup mix. I love cooking chicken breasts with the onions and soup mix. This is the best gravy I've ever had and I already had an excellent recipe that I don't even remember anymore lol.

Quoting RobynS:

Oh yum! Is that a recipe you'd care to share???

eating

Quoting goddess99:

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM
That sounds delicious! I don't spice my pork loin too heavily because I use the leftovers for other dishes like pork and beans or shredded pork tacos...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM

yum

gacgbaker
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:21 AM

This sounds great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)