Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Roasted Pork Loin and Homemade Apple Sauce

Posted by   + Show Post

The chill is definitely in the air and it's finally starting to feel like winter. I've been using the oven on and off for the past few weeks, and it looks like I'm going to use it once more for tonight's dinner. What's on the menu? Roasted pork loin and applesauce - one of my family's favorites. The recipe is simple and can be adapted to your family's personal tastes.

Start with a nice sized pork loin. Place in in a greased tin foil lined baking dish. Here's where you can get creative. Use whatever spice you have to amp up the flavor. My favorite combination is a simple sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and olive oil rub. You can also use rosemary and thyme, or garlic pepper and onion powder. Bake at 425 degrees until cooked through.

For the applesauce, start with large baking apples that are washed, cored and cubed. Place in a slow cooker and cook on high, with spices and a touch of butter, until you can mash them with a fork. Serve along side slices of your pork tenderloin. Add a green salad to round out the meal.

Moms, what seasoning would you use to make this recipe your own? 

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-28):
countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I have been wondering about making homemade apple sauce!  Thanks for the tips!

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I like thyme with my pork roasts. 

natesmom1228
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Yummy. I love rosemary and sage.

GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Yum, I think this will have to be supper tonight! I know I have pork loin in the freezer and already canned homemade applesauce.

I tend to stay pretty simple, plain with spices.  Cracked pepper is often all I use.  Rosemary & thyme would be good on this, though.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM

yum!

TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Yummy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:18 PM

This looks really good.

Kmakksmom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Yum!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN