Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Turkey Dinner Packets

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

Thanksgiving dinner is just a few weeks away, but I seriously cannot wait. The combination of turkey, gravy, potatoes and stuffing is almost too much for me to take. I love it and can never get enough every holiday season.

So, to help me get through the days before Thanksgiving, I decided to make these delectable turkey dinner packets that use the foil pouch cooking method. It's one of my favorite ways to cook because it's easy and basically mess free.

Here's how you make them:

sheets (12x18-inches each) Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil

cups prepared stuffing

cups prepared mashed potatoes

to 16 slices cooked turkey (1 pound)

jar (12 oz.) turkey gravy

1/2

teaspoon dried sage or thyme

1/4

teaspoon pepper

cup sweetened dried cranberries

PREHEAT oven to 450°F.

CENTER 1/2 cup stuffing and 1/2 cup potatoes on each sheet of Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil. Top with 1/4 of the sliced turkey. Combine gravy, sage and pepper; spoon over turkey. Sprinkle with cranberries.

BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.

BAKE 15 to 18 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven.

TIP: Packets can be frozen up to 4 weeks. Bake frozen packets on a cookie sheet in preheated 450°F oven 35 to 40 minutes.

Moms, what are your favorite parts of Thanksgiving dinner?

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I'm not hosting this year, so no leftovers, but this looks good enough to do a turkey breast especially for this recipe!

powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Yummy!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Sounds yummy !

I think next to the turkey my favorite part is the green bean casserole :)

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Quoting elasmimi:

I'm not hosting this year, so no leftovers, but this looks good enough to do a turkey breast especially for this recipe!

I am not hosting this year either, but I am seriously contemplating getting a small turkey just for us to have as leftovers :)

CafeMom Tickers
Flaca43
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:09 AM

This looks and sounds so yummy!

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM

This sounds good. I made something similar this weekend in my slow cooker. My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is my mom's stuffing.

RobynS
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM

This is my kind of meal... I love all my food all sort of mushed together. :) My husband and kids, however, are compartment eaters and don't always want their foods touching! LOL

Did I mention... YUM?! This sounds fab!!

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM
My favorite part is all the yummy food my sil cooks! I make the ham and its always so good! I'm saving up my calories for thanksgiving!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM

awesome

gacgbaker
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM

This looks like a great thing to do with the leftovers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement