Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

How far in advance do you plan your menu?

turkey dinnerpumpkin pie

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:44 AM

We are camping for Thanksgiving this year so we have already started planning. We've got to get everything bought and packed.

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM

6 WEEKS

Godspitgrl
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I dont do it so I don't. Though I can't wait till I do do our holiday cooking I love cooking esp with my kids.

yankeefan828
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM
A month and a half. Before it hits a month in I do a test run. I don't want mistakes on the actual day and I also what dishes can be reheated and taste the same
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
candycrush
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Lucky!

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

We are camping for Thanksgiving this year so we have already started planning. We've got to get everything bought and packed.

GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I don't normally host Thanksgiving.  If I do happen to host it for my family, I ask them to bring sides or desserts but let them decide what.

Only once have I cooked the entire Thanksgiving meal myself.  I think I planned the menu earlier that week but probably did most of the cooking that morning.

angie2568
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Beginning of November for Thanksgiving, Beginning of December for Christmas.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I'm not cooking anything but a dessert but I have noticed 1 of my grocery stores was consistently out of 1 main ingredient so thankfully I found it elsewhere and bought it a couple weeks ago. This is a small town, the fight is on lol.

natesmom1228
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM

It depends on what I am cooking. I am only making a bread pudding for brunch at my moms. I have been checking out recipes for a while now.

For my in laws I bring pepperoni, cheese and crackers for when the family plays cards in the evenings.

sanj1213
by Juanita on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

We just decided to have Thanksgiving at my brother, so I will try hard to plan something this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN