Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home Reynolds baked for you

How far in advance do you plan your menu?

turkey dinnerpumpkin pie

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
sukainah
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

It's usually last minute for me.

Threes.Company
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I usually only make a side or two, so it does not take much planning at all.  My mom and my MIL do all the major planning.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I don't cook the big Thanksgiving meal (my mom does that) so I don't plan too far out for Thanksgiving.  I do make a Christmas brunch for my whole family and I've already started planning for that. 

arpazia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Last minute :O
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” - Noam Chomsky
Yesterday at 7:21 PM
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

It does not change much from year to year, just depends on how many people we'll be serving.

Shelly126
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I usually plan about a week or a week & a half in advance so I can do my shopping and prep work a few days in advance.
lish2127
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

We are camping for Thanksgiving this year so we have already started planning. We've got to get everything bought and packed.

That sounds awesome and different! What kind of menu are you planning?

We camp with DH's family every summer and we do a turkey dinner one night. Someone brings their turkey fryer along and we deep fry the spice injected turkey. So good! We usually do potatoes, peas, stove top stuffing, and whatever else to go with it all on the campfire or camp burners.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:59 PM

We pretty much do the same thing every year so no real need to plan a menu. 

ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I always wait too long.

babygirlwill
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I start  in the last week of october because i have family that comes to visit for the holidays and I'm the chef in the family I have to cook for all holidays so my planning starts in oct.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement