From the Betty Crocker website - Pumpkin-Pecan Braid
- can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- cup packed brown sugar
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground ginger
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- egg, separated
- cup chopped pecans
- cup powdered sugar
- to 3 teaspoons milk
- tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll dough on cookie sheet; firmly press seams and perforations to seal. Press into 13x7-inch rectangle.
- 2 In medium bowl, mix pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and egg yolk; blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Spread mixture in 3 1/2-inch-wide strip lengthwise down center of dough rectangle to within 1 inch of ends.
- 3 With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough rectangle just to edge of filling. Fold strips at an angle across filling, overlapping ends and alternating from side to side. In small bowl, beat egg white until foamy; brush over dough.
- 4 Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to serving platter.
- 5 In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons milk. Stir in additional milk, if necessary, for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pecans.
on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:01 PM