Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Hi Does anybody have a good, easy recipe for cheesy scalloped potates? I say easy because I have never made them before. I need to make them for Thanksgiving Dinner at my brother-in-laws Thursday. I am going to the store Tuesday and do not know what to get to cook them. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turkeythank you cornucopia

Texas Cowboys Girl

cowgirl          juggling

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Replies (21-26):
eustacejessica
by Jess on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM
DeeDee323
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM
We made the recipe posted tonight, got 15 mins to go but I snuck a taste when I added cream. It's already delicious to me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I only use Betty Crocker, sorry.

kellynh
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I use velveta... ;) and scallions

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Quoting proudmommy690:

Allrecipes.com

:) good luck

This is a great sight.

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I've made these many times with different kinds of cheese, Havarti is very good, and I always get raves.

Quoting mamaslove11:

Thank you. I just might try these. Way less ingredients then the recipe I found... PML.... I LOVE SIMPLE!!!!

Quoting SweetLuci:

These are really easy and really delicious.

Creamy Scalloped Potatoes

6 medium potatoes (about 2 1/2 lbs)
Salt & pepper
2/3 cup shredded Swiss or Cheddar Cheese (about 2 1/2 oz)
3/4 - 1 cup heavy cream

Peel potatoes, dropping them into a container of cold water ot cover. With thin slicing blade of food processor or sharp knife, slice them 1/8-1/4" thick. Place back in container of water for 5-10 minutes. Preheat oven to 375. Heavily butter a shallow 2-3 qt. dish or 9x13" casserole dish. Dry the potatoes well with paper towels. Overlap half of potatoes in lengthwise rows in bottom of dish. Sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper and half of cheese. Repeat. Pour 3/4 cup cream over top. Bake uncovered in center of oven for 40 minutes. If serving immediately pour 1/4 cup cream over top and continue baking for 15-20 minutes or till golden brown. If baking ahead, bale 40 minutes, then cover & cool 1 hour at room temperature, then refrigerate. Then pour 1/4 cup cream over top and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN