Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Im Making.......

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hungarian Goulash! It's a family favorite. My in laws are from Hungry and they taught me how to make it and other favorites of the family. So now that both of them are passed my DH gets to still eat the meals he grew up with and its going to keep his culture alive for our 21m old son. This stuff is so yummy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Sounds delicious. Could you share your recipe?

rkkeller13
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Yeah let me figure out how much stuff to use. We don't measure persay we just eye it, lol.
Keatonzmom
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Sounds delicious=) I just made slow cooker beef stew tonight but last night I made homemade hot apple cider that I haven't had for probably 9 years that my grandma used to make. So good! Love hand me down recipes=)

Godspitgrl
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

wonderful

Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Bump for recipe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkkeller13
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Ok this is pretty much an estimation on the measurements. I like to add a lot of paprika. I also add a dash of hot paprika to give it a lil warmth. This is a stick to your ribs dish. It has a lot of fat in it so its not a diet dish. But it stays with you for a while which is nice. It's a peasant dish according to my in laws. Happy cooking!

2 lb. beef chuck

1 tsp. salt

3 onions, white or yellow

2 Tbsp. lard or shortening

6 Tbsp. imported sweet paprika (most important to use real hungarian paprika for ultimate flavor)

1 Qt. water

1/4 tsp. black pepper

Cut beef into 1 inch squares, add 1/2 tsp. salt. Chop onions and brown in shortening, add beef and paprika. Let beef simmer in its own juice along with salt and paprika for 1 hr. on low heat. Add water and remaining salt. Cover and simmer until meat is tender. If you want the goulash to be a lil thicker mix a Tbsp of corn starch in water so that its runny and add to the pot while stirring. Prepare your egg dumpling batter:

1 egg

6 Tbsp. flour

1/8 tsp. salt

Add flour to unbeaten egg and salt. Mix well. Let stand for 1/2 hour for flour to mellow. Drop by teaspoonful into Goulash. Cover and simmer 5 minutes after dumplings rise to surface.
rkkeller13
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I put the recipe in the comments.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Sounds delicious. Could you share your recipe?

rkkeller13
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I put the recipe in the comments

Quoting Apr1l:

Bump for recipe

ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Mmmm! Good stuff

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN