Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Thanksgiving Leftovers - Turkey Burritos

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this

Thanksgiving has come and gone, but the turkey certainly has not. If you're like most families, you still have a refrigerator full of the stuff and are probably looking for ways to transform the yesterday's holiday dinner into tonight's meal. Here's a recipe that will definitely please a crowd, turkey burritos!

Here's what you'll need:

4 sheets non stick foil

4 flour tortillas

½ pound shredded turkey

1 can bean dip or refried beans

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

¼ cup onions

¼ cup salsa

sour cream and chopped cilantro for topping

PREHEAT
oven to 450°F or grill to medium-high indirect heat*.

CENTER one tortilla on each sheet of Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil with non-stick (dull) side toward food. Combine turkey, bean dip, cheese, onion and salsa. Spoon turkey mixture onto tortillas. Wrap filling in each tortilla, burrito-style; place seam-side down.

BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.

BAKE 20 to 24 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven OR GRILL 18 to 20 minutes in covered grill. Serve with sour cream and cilantro.

*For indirect heat, the heat source (coals or gas burner) is on one side of grill. Place foil packets on opposite side with no coals or flame underneath.

Moms, what is your favorite turkey day leftover recipe?

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Flaca43
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds yummy! I think I will try this. I'm looking around for different ideas to make with my turkey. I have just eaten it as is and made sandwiches with it. I love open faced turkey sandwiches with gravy.

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:38 AM

tfs

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:06 AM

These sound delicious and can be made with ground turkey too!  Here is a recipe I found for a healtheir version of refried beans (inexpensive!): http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011/08/not-refried-beans-275-recipe-031.html

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM

That sounds good.

outer.banks
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM

This looks really great. I usually use chicken but using leftover turkey works.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Yum!

othermom
by Danelle on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Those sound tasty

GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM

That does look like a yummy meal!

sanj1213
by Juanita on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM
What a nice change from a sandwich, which is what I usually eat after Thanksgiving.
sanj1213
by Juanita on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM
My husband likes to make a salad and that would be my favorite so far:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN