Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Cookie Giving Done Right

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, you've made the cookies for your cookie exchange. You debated exactly *which* recipe you'd choose. You made sure you had the right ingredients, the cookie sheets were ready, and you carefully marked out enough time. The cookies turned out perfectly, and you can't wait to share them with your friends.

Except, exactly, how will you distribute these cookies? You could hand them out individually, I guess, but it would be a bit time consuming, somewhat messy, and not very exciting. Instead, try out this amazingly simple and very impressive holiday wrap.

Pull off a section of parchment paper, about 8 inches long. On top of the paper, place a sheet of decorated tissue paper, specific to the holiday you are celebrating. Place a second sheet of parchment on top of the paper.  Using a iron on very low heat, carefully, carefully press the sheets together. When they cool, you'll have a beautiful sheet of paper in which you can wrap your cookies that is grease resistant and holds a crease nicely. Lay the cookies on the paper, fold it over the top and then under the bottom, and seal with a sticker.

Another option for an easy and impressive cookie delivery is to pack the cookies in layers of parchment paper inside a (clean, unused) Chinese take out container. Decorate the outside with stickers. Or let your children go crazy with the markers and crayons.

Remember, the display is part of the wonder of the cookie distribution - so let your creativity go wild!

What are your favorite ways to give cookies to your friends, neighbors and relatives?

ŠiStockphoto.com/DebbiSmirnoff

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:50 AM
Chocolate chip
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this
What a cute and creative idea!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I usually use cookie tins, but this sounds great.

othermom
by Danelle on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I put diffrent types on a plate and bring the cookies to them. I also like to give small loafs of banana bread

lish2127
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Cute idea! My DH brought home a variety of nice cookie boxes he got free from his job (samples of new product they are carrying) and I'm looking forward to using them!

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Interesting!  We like to give cookies to neighbors, especially when they first move in.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM

That's a cute idea!

GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I don't usually give away cookies since I'm gluten free so only bake gluten free.  This may sound bad, but I don't like "wasting" my gluten free ingredients on people who don't need gluten free since gluten free baking ingredients are so expensive.

I do know 3 adults in my local area who are gluten free.  Two of them are men who don't eat sugar and/or dairy either.  The 3rd is a young woman who found out this past summer that she has Celiacs.  I should get my baking done & give her a sampler of gluten free cookies - it seems like the first gluten free Christmas is the hardest since you haven't had enough time to find all the wonderful ways to bake gluten free.

I'll have to find a fun way to package them, too! These ideas are fun.

sanj1213
by Juanita on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Cute idea! I use tins most of the time.
LovesFredric
by Amanda on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I have come to love parchment paper!!  Great idea!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN