Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

So, you've made the cookies for your cookie exchange. You debated exactly *which* recipe you'd choose. You made sure you had the right ingredients, the cookie sheets were ready, and you carefully marked out enough time. The cookies turned out perfectly, and you can't wait to share them with your friends.

Except, exactly, how will you distribute these cookies? You could hand them out individually, I guess, but it would be a bit time consuming, somewhat messy, and not very exciting. Instead, try out this amazingly simple and very impressive holiday wrap.

Pull off a section of parchment paper, about 8 inches long. On top of the paper, place a sheet of decorated tissue paper, specific to the holiday you are celebrating. Place a second sheet of parchment on top of the paper.  Using a iron on very low heat, carefully, carefully press the sheets together. When they cool, you'll have a beautiful sheet of paper in which you can wrap your cookies that is grease resistant and holds a crease nicely. Lay the cookies on the paper, fold it over the top and then under the bottom, and seal with a sticker.

Another option for an easy and impressive cookie delivery is to pack the cookies in layers of parchment paper inside a (clean, unused) Chinese take out container. Decorate the outside with stickers. Or let your children go crazy with the markers and crayons.

Remember, the display is part of the wonder of the cookie distribution - so let your creativity go wild!

What are your favorite ways to give cookies to your friends, neighbors and relatives?

©iStockphoto.com/DebbiSmirnoff

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
ilovemykids365
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM

That sounds like a neat idea. I have a quick question though. I make cookies every christmas now and I recently moved about 8 hours away from my family. Is there a way I can bring the cookies with me without them turning into crumbs?

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I would like to do the chinese takeout container one...nice!

Godspitgrl
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM

never done it

MrsRi
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I like this idea!

We usually get small mason jars and I make cool ribbons and put a couple dozen mini cookies in there, then wrap them in cool scrap pieces of cloth or something from making tiny stuffed animals. 

Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Cute! I usual ly stack them and wrap with tissue paper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM
What a great idea! I may try that! I usually just pile a paper plate high with cookies and cover with plaatic wrap or foil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I look for Christmas tins at yard sales all year, clean them up, and give goodies in them.

BabyTeki
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:05 AM
I never have, but want to do something this year
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I'd say Reynolds Wrap with cute colorful bows. =)

arpazia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:28 AM
So cute

Quoting Flaca43:

I would like to do the chinese takeout container one...nice!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement