The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Kids in the Kitchen

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM
  • 11 Replies

Do you allow your kids in the kitchen when you cook/bake? Do you allow them to help?

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I do allow mine in the kitchen and I do allow them to help. I think that it encourages them to cook and create and see the fun in it. It can also help with math. ;)

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Oh yeah we bake together. =)

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Totally allowed and encouraged! In fact I have always had my 14yr old in the kitchen helping and now she even makes dinner a few times a month! 

othermom
by Danelle on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Yep, they love to help me bake and cook. They help pour stuff usually and get things out. I am teaching the older kids to crack the eggs too. They also love to stir

othermom
by Danelle on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Quoting MamaMandee:

Totally allowed and encouraged! In fact I have always had my 14yr old in the kitchen helping and now she even makes dinner a few times a month! 

Thats great. I hope by that age my kids can make meals

timon95
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

every now and then i do. depends on what i am making and who i am making it for.

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Yes. They love helping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Absolutely!! They love it 

powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM

for pancakes yes, (but if im using the stove/oven or using the cermanic knifes.... NO NO NO NO NO!!!)

Mommaofaboy11
by New Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

My son has been in the kitchen since he was born :-) He's 15-months-old now and he loves to help momma! Obviously, I'm always babywearing while he's helping as I don't feel it would be safe otherwise; so, while he's not truly active in the kitchen- outside of stirring or mixing- he is being exposed to cooking and making memories!

baking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)