Slow Cooker Plum-Glazed Riblets from the Betty Crocker site!
- tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2
- lb pork boneless lean country-style ribs, cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- cup Progresso® beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- tablespoons rice vinegar
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon Asian five-spice powder
- teaspoon pepper
- tablespoon cornstarch
- tablespoon water
- jar (12 oz) plum jam
- 1In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook riblets in oil 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- 2Place riblets in 2- to 3-quart slow cooker. In small bowl, mix broth, vinegar, garlic, salt, five-spice powder and pepper. Pour over riblets.
- 3Cover and cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours.
- 4In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water; stir in jam. Drain riblets; return to cooker. Stir in jam mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 25 to 30 minutes or until sauce is hot and slightly thickened and riblets are well coated with sauce. Serve with skewers.
Just before serving, garnish the riblets with a few green onions and carrot curls.
To make green onion curls, make several lengthwise cuts in top of green onion. Place in cold water for strips to curl.