Total Time:35 mins
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time:20 mins
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets (orange roughy, cod or red snapper can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (I like Old Bay seasoning here)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In buttered 13-by-9-inch baking dish or jellyroll pan, lay fillets in single layer.
- 3Do not stack fillets.
- 4Brush top with juice.
- 5In bowl combine cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and seasonings.
- 6Mix well with fork.
- 7Bake fish in preheated oven 10 to 20 minutes or until fish just starts to flake.
- 8Spread with cheese mixture and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 9Baking time will depend on the thickness of the fish you use.
- 10Watch fish closely so that it does not overcook.
- 11Makes 4 servings.
- 12Note: This fish can also be made in a broiler.
- 13Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until almost done.
- 14Add cheese and broil another 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
- 15Thank you Mama's Supper Club in Wisconsin.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/mamas-supper-club-tilapia-parmesan-53914#ixzz1zHvyN75n