Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

hi everyone. My MIL goes out of her way to not eat my cooking so she cant say whether im good or not since my husband talks about my cooking all the time and how i make everything i from scratch. on my daughters bday when she knew i was cooking meat she announced shes a vegetarian again. she just ate meat the week before!

shes very picky and doesnt really eat any way but im sure i would have to cook if she came over even thought i just moved it not to long ago. i was thinking a pasta dish with diced tomatoes, red onion, garlic, black olive, klamata olive, artichoke hearts, and pine nuts BUT my husband thinks i should make sides and a salad. christmas is coming up and i need to cook for my family and buy gifts and still save for the fence we want but he wants me to go all out for a woman who wont eat and or appreciate what i do.

what should i make on a budget for her? all of those things i have in the house which i was going to make for my own family but i choose to make it while shes here but it takes some time. whats fast and cheap for a woman i dont care at all about?

please any quick and cheap recipes would be great

thank you alll!!!!!!!!!

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Replies (11-11):
AnayaFatima
by Huma on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM
why don't you try some Pakistani vegetable recipes. They are cheap,easy and require pita bread to eat along with. Google potato bhujia or spicy veg curry. Lentils are another good option. I cook lentils at least once a week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN