Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Dinner Ideas, Please.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:40 PM
  • 12 Replies

So I am kind of at a loss as to what I want to make for dinner. We did soup last night and pasta the night before. I already have some cooked turkey thawed. I *think* I have some ground meat. I have chicken breasts and tilapia filets. I'm not anywhere near hungry, at the moment, so nothing sounds good. Just throw some ideas at me and hopefully something will jump out at me.

Thanks in advance!

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I did an oven fried tilapia a week or so ago.  I served it with sweet potato fries, it was really good!

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM

This recipe instantly came to mind.  It's our favorite tilapia recipe, and it's nice and light.  It also tastes amazing.  I've only done the fish portion of the recipe, not the salad, but I'm sure it's good, too.  I actually keep a container of the cornmeal crust mix on hand at all times so I can do this recipe without the hassle of mixing it every time.

Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Thanks! I love a good tilapis recipe! 

Quoting taniamorse85:

This recipe instantly came to mind.  It's our favorite tilapia recipe, and it's nice and light.  It also tastes amazing.  I've only done the fish portion of the recipe, not the salad, but I'm sure it's good, too.  I actually keep a container of the cornmeal crust mix on hand at all times so I can do this recipe without the hassle of mixing it every time.

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Mmm, I bet that was good!!

Quoting emilyrosenj:

I did an oven fried tilapia a week or so ago.  I served it with sweet potato fries, it was really good!

ethans_momma06
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM

If you have bread crumbs you could do a nice shnitzel with the chicken breast

Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I don't know that I have ever made shnitzel.

Quoting ethans_momma06:

ethans_momma06
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Easy peasy! Beat some eggs in a bowl, set aside. slice breast so that it's thin, pound with a mallet (I don't have one, so you CAN skip it if you want, just wont be as tender, even). season eggs w/ salt, pepper, whatever. and then dip chicken breast in eggs before coating with breadcrumbs.

Heat oil med-high in pan- enough to cover chicken 3/4.place shnitzel in oil and fry till brown on bottom, then flip.

It's really yumm.

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Ooh that does sound super yummy!!

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Easy peasy! Beat some eggs in a bowl, set aside. slice breast so that it's thin, pound with a mallet (I don't have one, so you CAN skip it if you want, just wont be as tender, even). season eggs w/ salt, pepper, whatever. and then dip chicken breast in eggs before coating with breadcrumbs.

Heat oil med-high in pan- enough to cover chicken 3/4.place shnitzel in oil and fry till brown on bottom, then flip.

It's really yumm.

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

The_Doodle
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Pileau

Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:37 PM

What is that?

Quoting The_Doodle:

Pileau

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement