Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What foods did you have to....

Posted by   + Show Post
eat as a kid, but would not touch as an adult?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Liver!

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Lima beans.  I have never been a very picky eater (heck, I tried veal earlier this year and liked it), but I hate lima beans.  When I was a kid, I'd swallow them whole because I dislike the gritty taste of the inside of them.  Even then, it was hard to get them down without gagging.

I also dislike eggs, but as long as they are cooked together with something, I can tolerate them.  I can't stand to be around while they're cooking, though.  The smell turns my stomach.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Ugh...This is one of those times I really wish my curiosity would take a back seat.  I had no idea what aspic was, and I was foolish enough to google it.  I think I'm permanently turned off of Jello.

A warning to others:  DO NOT go to the Wikipedia page for aspic, especially if you've recently eaten or want to ever again.

Quoting calsmom62:

Tomato aspic.

Misha1204
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Rotfl @swallowing the lima beans whole.
MishaMOW

Quoting taniamorse85:

Lima beans.  I have never been a very picky eater (heck, I tried veal earlier this year and liked it), but I hate lima beans.  When I was a kid, I'd swallow them whole because I dislike the gritty taste of the inside of them.  Even then, it was hard to get them down without gagging.

I also dislike eggs, but as long as they are cooked together with something, I can tolerate them.  I can't stand to be around while they're cooking, though.  The smell turns my stomach.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:46 AM
Lima beans. Blech!
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:14 AM
Too funny. Growing up, all kinds of things were in jello. cottage cheese, celery, peas and carrots, but the tomato aspic was the worst.

Quoting taniamorse85:

Ugh...This is one of those times I really wish my curiosity would take a back seat.  I had no idea what aspic was, and I was foolish enough to google it.  I think I'm permanently turned off of Jello.

A warning to others:  DO NOT go to the Wikipedia page for aspic, especially if you've recently eaten or want to ever again.

Quoting calsmom62:

Tomato aspic.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Corinne on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Quoting othermom:

Nothing that I can think of

pamk5641
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Eggs.  I remember sitting at the table gagging with every bite when my mother made egg-in-a-cup. 

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:48 AM

I used to eat Herring in Sour Cream sauce on Rye. Will not even try it now.

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Lima beans. Blech!

They are okay in stews or soups...I cant eat them plain either.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement