Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mil hosting Christmas day

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM
  • 35 Replies
Hi everyone! I hate my mil. She's hosting Christmas day this year instead of her sister. She refuses to eat at my house or whenever I cook. Should I bring cookies to her apt? Should I be spiteful and not eat her horrible cooking? Tell me your opinion. I don't even think she Is worth my cookies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Why act like a little kid at a holiday meal and make others uncomfortable?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yankeefan828
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM
I agree that's why I posted so everyone can voice their opinions and help me control my anger a little better

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Why act like a little kid at a holiday meal and make others uncomfortable?

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM
I think you should embrace the spirit of Christmas and go in love.
Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I would be the bigger person and go with no spite or resent and just celebrate Christmas. After all, it is a season of love. You don't have to love her, you don't have to like her, but be the bigger person and take a little something and "kill her with kindness", per se.

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I say go and be cordial. There will be others there so you don't have to worry about talking just with her. I think everyone will be in a good mood for the holiday too...hopefully. Have a good time.

grumpyboston
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Sorry you have to go there can you just stay home . Thsts what I do its easier because I cant be fake .
yankeefan828
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Nope. It's our first Christmas on our new house and we have to go to dh Mother's since she's hosting this year.

Quoting grumpyboston:

Sorry you have to go there can you just stay home . Thsts what I do its easier because I cant be fake .

yankeefan828
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:49 AM
I don't get along with any of them. They are all racist and tell me of my husband does nothing with our daughter or treats me like crap I should just take it because that's what women are supposed to do

Quoting Flaca43:

I say go and be cordial. There will be others there so you don't have to worry about talking just with her. I think everyone will be in a good mood for the holiday too...hopefully. Have a good time.

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I'm so sorry. Maybe you should stay home and have a dinner with your husband and daughter then. I think it would feel more like a holiday that way, instead of feeling terrible around others who treat you badly. Especially this way.

Quoting yankeefan828:

I don't get along with any of them. They are all racist and tell me of my husband does nothing with our daughter or treats me like crap I should just take it because that's what women are supposed to do

Quoting Flaca43:

grumpyboston
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM
You would think your husband would want to spend his 1st christmas in your new home with his daughter

Quoting yankeefan828:

Nope. It's our first Christmas on our new house and we have to go to dh Mother's since she's hosting this year.

Quoting grumpyboston:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)