Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

peanut butter treats

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM
  • 31 Replies
I need some easy recipes that use peanut butter. I get wic for bf moms so i get lots of pb and my kids eat at school so we don't eat enough of it. Im gonna make some muddy buddy chex mix for my family's Christmas get together but Im looking for another treat besides cookies. Thanks for any suggestions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Peanut Butter Rice Krispy treats

Harris06

Peanut Butter Balls

Harris06

Peanut Butter Cookies 

Sorry, I got carried away and forgot you said "besides cookies". :)

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Peanut Butter Delights (basically, Ritz crackers or saltine crackers with peanut butter in the middle, dipped in white chocolate.) 

Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Peanut Butter Candies

Peanut Butter Candies
one pound box Confectioners sugar
6 T. unsalted butter, room temperature
7 t. milk, I used whole
peanut butter for spreading

Using a stand mixer or very strong hand mixer, mix sugar and butter until blended. Add milk one teaspoon at a time until the mixture pulls from the edge and almost makes a ball (appox. 7 tsp) Too dry and your dough will crack, too wet, it will be sticky. Roll into a ball then roll out into a 9 inch by 14 inch rectangle, between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick. It is easier to roll between two sheets of plastic wrap on top of the bottom side of a jelly-roll pan.

Using a sharp knife cut a slit down the center of the dough longways. Spread each side with a thin layer of peanut butter, not to edges. Chill for 15 minutes to help it set a bit.

With the assistance of the plastic wrap, roll the dough into logs starting with the long edges, then seal the seams by lightly pinching and smoothing them. It is a bit tricky and the dough will crack, the peanut butter will ooze and the edges may not seal, but take a deep breath it will all be OK. It is supposed to look a bit rustic!

Using a sharp knife, gently cut the rolls into 1/2 inch pieces. you will get about 24-30 pieces. Place in paper candy papers on a candy dish and cover tightly with plastic wrap (they can dry out quickly) until ready to serve or store, wrapped well, in freezer up to 3 months.

TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM
This looks good

Quoting Harris06:

Peanut Butter Delights (basically, Ritz crackers or saltine crackers with peanut butter in the middle, dipped in white chocolate.) 

TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Recipe?

Quoting Harris06:

Peanut Butter Balls

Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM

SO good!

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

This looks good

Quoting Harris06:

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Harris06
by Megan on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM

There are a couple of ways to do it..

Peanut Butter Balls

1 cup plus 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp. cocoa
1 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. vanilla

In a large bowl combine the 1 cup of powdered sugar and cocoa. Stir in the peanut butter, milk, and vanilla. Form the mixture into balls. Roll each ball in the 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Place candy on plate and serve. Put the leftovers into the freezer.

OR you can follow the recipe and instead of rolling in powdered sugar, dip into Baker's chocolate coating or your own chocolate coating or even fondue.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Recipe?

Quoting Harris06:

Peanut Butter Balls

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)