Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

KUDOS to Reynolds Wrap Oven Bags!!!

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM
  • 21 Replies

So we pop our turkey into the RW oven bag and put it on appropriate heat in our oven. An hour later our DS says he smells something burning. I go running to our kitchen to find our oven on fire in the inside and can't get it to shut down! Hubs turns it off at the fuse box. We pull the turkey out and the RW oven bag actually protected our turkey and did not melt on it!

The turkey we finished at mommas and it was the best turkey ever!  We were pleasantly surprised this oven bag protected our turkey!

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momoftwinkies
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM
I have never made a turkey. I did use the Reynolds crockpot bags on Christmas Eve and loved them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Yeah I love all RW products so this was an even nicer surprise to know it also saved my turkey. How did you like the crockpot liners?

Quoting Momoftwinkies:

I have never made a turkey. I did use the Reynolds crockpot bags on Christmas Eve and loved them.

Momoftwinkies
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't even have to clean the crockpot when we were done! And the best part is that they are inexpensive.

Quoting MichelleK41:

Yeah I love all RW products so this was an even nicer surprise to know it also saved my turkey. How did you like the crockpot liners?

Quoting Momoftwinkies:

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Dec. 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Those are so good to have! =)

Quoting Momoftwinkies:

I didn't even have to clean the crockpot when we were done! And the best part is that they are inexpensive.

Quoting MichelleK41:

Quoting Momoftwinkies:

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Right on! We always use one for our turkey! 

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Great!!  How awesome that everything worked out!!

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Dec. 27, 2012 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this
That's pretty cool!
sukainah
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Wow, glad it turned out so well.  

How's your oven?

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry about your oven :-(. I use the oven bags every holiday or big family dinner. Ham, pork or beef roasts, and the gravy is wonderful. I just pierce the bag in the corner and carefully drain it into a sauce pan, skim the grease and into gravy boat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement