Maple-Walnut Pie Bars from the Betty Crocker site!
- roll (18 oz) refrigerated sugar cookies
- cup packed brown sugar
- tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3
- cups maple-flavored syrup
- 1 1/2
- cups chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark pan). In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 2Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk. Stir in brown sugar, flour and syrup until well blended. Stir in walnuts.
- 3Pour egg mixture evenly over partially baked crust; bake 30 to 35 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely on wire rack, about 1 hour 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
A small tea strainer works perfectly for sprinkling powdered sugar over the bars.
- PREP TIME 10 Min
- TOTAL TIME 2 Hr 25 Min
- SERVINGS 36