The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

WOULD YOU EVER BECOME A GRADUATE CHEF?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have seen a school for chef's. all the adult students decked ou in those huge white caps. I alys wondered how those things stayed on anyone's head....... or if those things kept the heat on or off your head?

~YES YOU CAN! Be a SUPER MOM. . . BE A CAFE MOM! http:www.cafemom.com

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM
I would love to be a chef!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
25beengoodtome
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM

The school I saw was a few miles near the Norfolk Airport.

~Marie;I AM ADDICTED to CafeMom!

mcginnisc
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM

A toque stays on and they are pretty much for show.. Most Chefs don't wear the tall toques, but wear smaller beret toques, which is what I always wore. 

I am a former Chef. I graduated Culinary school eons ago and was made a Pastry Chef before I graduated. I quit before we adopted our oldest dd as I wanted to be home with her and foster her attachment. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I love to cook and bake, but I'd never want to be a professional chef.  For one thing, my knife skills suck.  They work for me, but I can not do the proper techniques without injuring myself.  Also, I'm pretty sure I'd get tired of cooking pretty quickly.  I'd much rather just cook at home and enjoy it.

carter210
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:57 PM
I went to culinary school. I have a degree in baking and pastry. We wore white caps. They weren't tall. The teachers wore the tall ones. Different hats in the kitchen mean different jobs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:32 PM
DF almost went to culinary school, but decided to keep his hours at work instead. I hope he goes back, he can be do great! He loves cooking and is a wonderful cook!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I would love to go to a cooking school but I wouldn't like to wear the hats. 

Kmakksmom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I wouldn't want to be a chef.  My husband would though.  My uncle *dad's brother* was head chef on the USS John F. Kennedy before he retired from the Navy.  But yeah...I don't like to cook, so I wouldn't be very good at it.

arthistmom
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Culinary school was actually was my Plan B. And I was thinking of going to CIA in Napa. But my husband thought I should give grad school a try first.

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I like to bake but not cook.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)