Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Banana Slicer

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 25 Replies

So you have read the reviews on Amazon, right? They are great for a laugh! Banana Slicer Reviews

That being said, do you have one? ;)

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harris06
by Megan on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I do not. I am pretty proficient at slicing bananas with a knife. Or a fork. A spoon if I am in a pinch. :)

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM

lol. No, I do not have one

mamajmm81
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM

No lol

mamajmm81
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

The review I cracked up over 

For decades I have been trying to come up with an ideal way to slice a banana. "Use a knife!" they say. Well...my parole officer won't allow me to be around knives. "Shoot it with a gun!" Background check...HELLO! I had to resort to carefully attempt to slice those bananas with my bare hands. 99.9% of the time, I would get so frustrated that I just ended up squishing the fruit in my hands and throwing it against the wall in anger. Then, after a fit of banana-induced rage, my parole officer introduced me to this kitchen marvel and my life was changed. No longer consumed by seething anger and animosity towards thick-skinned yellow fruit, I was able to concentrate on my love of theatre and am writing a musical play about two lovers from rival gangs that just try to make it in the world. I think I'll call it South Side Story.

Banana slicer...thanks to you, I see greatness on the horizon.

proudmommy690
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I dont have one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Lmao slicing a banana cant be as hard as they are claiming. I only read a couple and they just sound fake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
This was a great one, too...

571B Banana slicer saved my life!
July 31, 2012 By Angela Hamel
When a burgler came to my house I was tempted to reach for the butcher knife in the kitchen, but instead I grabbed the 571B banana slicer. I told the burgler..."I'm gonna slice your nanner" and he ran in a terrible fright. Thank you 571B banana slicer for saving my home and possibly my life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Evenstar.
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I would love to be someone who has so much extra time that I could write reviews about odd products just for the entertainment value.

Harris06
by Megan on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM

haha I know, right? I'll admit, I am quick on my feet and have a quick wit and smart mouth sometimes (ok, a lot of times) so I am sure that it doesn't take these people long to write these up. I doubt most of them are highly thought out and formed. No, I have never submitted a review. haha I'm just saying, I can see where it wouldn't take much time. 

Quoting Roo1234:

I would love to be someone who has so much extra time that I could write reviews about odd products just for the entertainment value.

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement