Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Asparagus? tips please!!

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 27 Replies

so for christmas i got a rice cooker with a steamer thingy on it too lol.. i really want to steam some veggies and i was thinking back to when i was younger my aunt made fresh steamed asparagus and it was really good so basically i was wondering do i just steam it or add seasonings? what kind of seasonings? any kind of tips will be great!! Thank you :)

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I do not eat asparagus.

othermom
by Danelle on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I have never steamed asparagus. Good luck

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I've never steamed it.  I roast in the oven.  I toss the asparagus in olive oil then add a little salt and sometimes I use a garlic pepper seasoning then put it on cookie sheet and roast at 375 degrees for about 10 min.

Godspitgrl
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I put them in foil with some butt and fennel 

arthistmom
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Steamed asparagus doesn't need anything beyond a drizzle of melted butter (or olive oil) and a squeeze of lemon juice. For something fancier, maybe topped with hollandaise sauce. Enjoy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Exactly!

Quoting arthistmom:

Steamed asparagus doesn't need anything beyond a drizzle of melted butter (or olive oil) and a squeeze of lemon juice. For something fancier, maybe topped with hollandaise sauce. Enjoy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillmarie13
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Lemon pepper seasoning is great. also, a little soy sauce, pepper flakes, and sesame seeds is awesome as an Asian style side. I also agree with adding lemon juice to either of these ideas. For an Itlian style asparagus, use Italian season, maybe a bit of breadcrumbs, too.

Peorth68
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM

This sounds wonderful.  I'll have to try it.  Thanks for the idea.

Quoting 4kidz916:

I've never steamed it.  I roast in the oven.  I toss the asparagus in olive oil then add a little salt and sometimes I use a garlic pepper seasoning then put it on cookie sheet and roast at 375 degrees for about 10 min.

AshleySail
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I grill it with fresh garlic, butter and salt and pepper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I generally prefer asparagus on its own.   But, it is good with some butter and/or lemon juice as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN