Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup from the Pillsbury site!
- package (12 oz) frozen butternut squash
- slices bacon
- large sweet onion, chopped (1 cup)
- can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- cups vegetable broth
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- cup half-and-half
- cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- bag (5 oz) Caesar croutons
- 1Cook squash in microwave as directed on package. Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- 2Cook onion in bacon drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add squash, pumpkin, broth, salt, black pepper and red pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover; simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes. Stir in half-and-half.
- 3In blender, place half of the squash mixture. Cover; blend on medium-high speed about 30 seconds or until smooth. Into large serving bowl, pour mixture. Repeat with remaining squash mixture. Top individual servings with cheese, croutons and bacon.
Servings # 8
- # of ingredients 11
- prep time 15 Min
- total time 40 Min