Slow-Cooked Korean Beef Stew from the Betty Crocker site!
- lb beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- bag (16 oz) ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- cloves garlic, chopped
- cup tomato juice
- cup soy sauce
- tablespoons sugar
- tablespoons sesame or vegetable oil
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoons cornstarch
- teaspoons cold water
- cups hot cooked rice
- 1Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix beef, carrots, onions, garlic, tomato juice, soy sauce, sugar, oil and pepper.
- 2Cover; cook on Low heat setting 9 to 11 hours (or on High setting 4 hours 30 minutes to 5 hours 30 minutes).
- 3In small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until blended; stir into beef mixture in slow cooker. If cooking on Low heat setting, increase to High. Cover; cook about 20 minutes longer or until mixture is slightly thickened. Serve with rice.
- PREP TIME 10 Min
- TOTAL TIME 9 Hr 30 Min
- SERVINGS 6