Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

How do you cook your brussel sprouts? I recently was introduced to them - what can I say, I'd been deprived till now! - but I have no idea how to cook them!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
stilltrying01
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Cool! Thx everybody for the ideas!

Harris06
by Megan on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I LOVE mine is a garlc butter sauce!

deloit
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM
im cooking some tonight(what my 12 year old son asked for for his bday.im just gonna cook them in butter,garlic,salt and a little water on the stovetop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Never cooked them but I LOVE them. I thinks hen I have had them it was steamed. 

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM

They are so good whichever way you cook them, but I particularly like them oven roasted.  That recipe (easy to follow, I promise!) gives you the option of making crunchy or soft.  Personally, I'd go for the crunchy, but they'd still be good soft as well.  Anyway, roasting brussels sprouts brings out their natural sweetness.  Also, in addition to the oil and salt that the recipe calls for, you can add other spices and other ingredients to enhance their flavor.  Here's a recipe for brussels sprouts roasted with bacon and maple syrup.  It's a bit of a more advanced recipe, but still doable.

25beengoodtome
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM

My two sons loved them steamed, with melted cheese & mustard sauce.[ no recipe, just do it, mom.]

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I've never made them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I just toss in olive oil and roast until very soft and some of the leaves are almost black, then I mash them with butter and salt

powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Boil them!!!!! I love Brussels sprouts! Yum!!!!!
& have them with cheesey side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReniaEats
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I like them really simple, peal the discolored bits off, slice in half, saute in a little olive oil for a few minutes, add a little salt, pepper, and balsalmic vinegar and voila!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN