Spicy Fish Tacos with Fresh Lime Sauce from the Betty Crocker site!
- lb white fish fillets, such as tilapia or catfish
- tablespoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- tablespoon olive oil or butter
- box (4.6 oz) Old El Paso® taco shells
- container (6 oz) Yoplait® Greek Fat Free plain yogurt
- to 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- teaspoon lime juice
- teaspoon sugar
- teaspoon salt
- cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots), from 16-oz bag
- tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- small jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped
- medium tomato, seeded, diced
- 1Sprinkle both sides of fish fillets with taco seasoning mix. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot. Cook fish in oil 6 to 8 minutes over medium heat, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Cut into bite-size chunks.
- 2Meanwhile, heat taco shells as directed on box.
- 3In large bowl, mix yogurt, lime peel, lime juice, sugar and salt. Stir in coleslaw mix, cilantro and jalapeño. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Spoon slightly less than 1/4 cup fish chunks and 1/4 cup coleslaw mixture into each taco shell; top each with about 1 tablespoon tomato.
When chopping the jalapeño chile, wear gloves to prevent skin irritation from the oils.
You can omit the jalapeño if you have kids that don’t want their tacos so spicy.
- PREP TIME 30 Min
- TOTAL TIME 30 Min
- SERVINGS 5