Five cheeses and a jar of prepared Alfredo sauce enhance this terrific lasagna recipe. It’s effortless to prepare and kid-friendly, too.
- Prep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 jar (15 ounces) roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, cottage cheese, Parmesan and 1/4 cup parsley; set aside. In another bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, chicken, ham and garlic powder.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the noodles and ricotta mixture. Top with half of the remaining chicken mixture and half of the mozzarella and Swiss cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
- Or before baking, cover and freeze lasagna for up to 3 months.
To use frozen lasagna: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake according to directions.