Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Round Steak from the Betty Crocker site!
- boneless beef round steak (1 1/2 lb), trimmed of excess fat
- medium stalks celery, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- large onion, sliced
- cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- cup chopped fresh cilantro
- jar (20 oz) salsa
- can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- cup beef broth
- cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 1Spray 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Cut beef into 6 pieces; place in slow cooker.
- 2In large bowl, mix remaining ingredients except cheese; pour over beef. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until beef is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
One cup of fresh cilantro used in this recipe might seem like a lot, but cooked for a long time, it becomes very mild, blending in the overall flavor of the dish.
- PREP TIME 15 Min
- TOTAL TIME 8 Hr 15 Min
- SERVINGS 6