Brownie Batter Chex® Mix from the Betty Crocker site!
- cups Chocolate Chex® cereal
- cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- cup butter, cut into pieces
- cup Betty Crocker® dry brownie mix (from pouch)
- tablespoons candy sprinkles
- 1Heat oven to 250ºF. Spray 15x10-inch pan or large cookie sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, place cereal; set aside.
- 2In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 30-second increments until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- 3Drizzle mixture over cereal; toss until well coated. Sprinkle dry brownie mix and candy sprinkles over cereal; toss until well coated. Spread in single layer in pan.
- 4Bake uncovered 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Cool about 15 minutes. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
You can sprinkle more sprinkles on the top of the mix before serving if you want.
Freezes well! Bake before a party; cool completely, and freeze in airtight bag or container.
PREP TIME 10 Min
TOTAL TIME 55 Min
on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM