Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Ever buy hand made items for the.....

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this
Kitchen?!
Pot holders?! Um, (maybe) oven mitts? Wash clothes? Towels?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chelseadawn08
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My Gma makes me beautiful hand towels and oven hangers!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Danelle on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Not usually but I have made pot holders before

Bradensmommy719
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I stitch some cute patterns on to towels and I made a cover for my mixer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:11 PM

No.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I just purchased some items this past winter at a holiday craft fair. One of my favorite was a crocheted towel hanger for the stove. Instead of a crocheted top added to a terry towel that hangs , this is a metal hoop, crocheted over, with a a flap that buttons over the door handle, so it stays hooked to the stove, and towels go through the hoop.
powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Nice! Any pic's?!

Quoting calsmom62:

I just purchased some items this past winter at a holiday craft fair. One of my favorite was a crocheted towel hanger for the stove. Instead of a crocheted top added to a terry towel that hangs , this is a metal hoop, crocheted over, with a a flap that buttons over the door handle, so it stays hooked to the stove, and towels go through the hoop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I'll post one tomorrow. I've been wishing I took the crafter's contact info because I would have bought more after finding out how much I love it. Would have made great hostess gifts for the holidays with an assortment of towels. I'm sure I could whip one up but I'm not in craft mode lately.

Quoting powow65:

Nice! Any pic's?!

Quoting calsmom62:

powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Awesome! Sorry about the news on the info. Maybe some day you might find that crafter. Check on eBay or esty

Quoting calsmom62:

I'll post one tomorrow. I've been wishing I took the crafter's contact info because I would have bought more after finding out how much I love it. Would have made great hostess gifts for the holidays with an assortment of towels. I'm sure I could whip one up but I'm not in craft mode lately.

Quoting powow65:

Nice! Any pic's?!

Quoting calsmom62:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
copperswifey
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I never have, but I would if I found something I liked :)

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Here is the towel holder pic I promised.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN