Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

mailing food

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM
  • 3 Replies
Ok, my boyfriend just got back from Afghanistan. He's stationed on the opposite side of the country.
I was going to make stuff and mail, but worried about food borne pathogens. So I was just going to send dry ingredients.
I'm going to make the seasoning packets, and send cans of tomato sauce, beans, etc. for spaghetti and chili, along with instructions.
What else can I send like that?
I'll make cookies, and send those, but want to make him actual food.
He's been eating horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Unless you can pack it in dry ice, it'd hard to send cooked or raw food beyond baked goods and other things that hold at room temperature. What about shipping him food from Omaha steaks it a grocery delivery service like peapod. You can order it, and it gets delivered to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I want sending raw food.
I was sending stuff like a box of noodles, beans,.canned tomato sauce, and a seasoning pack I made with my seasonings.
Closest to home made as I can.
I don't want to just send food, I want it to be from me.
I'm gonna send cookies or something.
I know spaghetti and chili I can just send the ingredients and let him cook. Aside from the meat

Quoting calsmom62:

Unless you can pack it in dry ice, it'd hard to send cooked or raw food beyond baked goods and other things that hold at room temperature. What about shipping him food from Omaha steaks it a grocery delivery service like peapod. You can order it, and it gets delivered to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM
It's sweet you want to make sure he is fed well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement