The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Green Pea Hummus..... sort of a spin off. ** Update w/ how I like it.

Posted by   + Show Post

So I am about to make this .    The hummus post had me craving  it, then I remember I had this to make. 

Anyway anyone else ever had hummus made w/ green peas?   Just to let you know it is   green peas instead of chick peas.    I will let you know how it turns out.   

It was/is not as good as regular hummus, but lets be honest what is right.   I put some on some toast and added some minced garlic on top w/ the paprika  & it was nice tastingthen.   Dont take my word for it tho, try it out for yourselves.  Then please let me know  what you think.  Oh I forget I didnt add as much tahini b/c I did have enough. 

Here is what you need:

2 1/2 cups of frozen peas. 

2cloves of garlic, crushed

1 tsp ground cumin

juice of 1 large lemon

4tsp extra virgin olive oil

4tsp of tahini

salt

ground paprika for serving

toasted flat bread, for serving

lemon wedges, for serving.

Cook peas, in boiling water, until tender.  Drain well.

Place peas in a food processor w/ garlic, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil & tahini.  Blend to a puree. Season to taste w/ salt, adding more lemon, if needed.

Spoon hummus into a bowl & sprinkle w/ paprika.  Serve w/ flat bread & lemon wedges.  Enjoy!! 

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Replies (11-13):
ReniaEats
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM

This sounds good! I've done it with black eyed peas but never green peas. 

suetoo
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I got a food processor for Christmas, and yay! Last night I made a wonderful French baguette, and today I am trying my first ever batch of hummus. I screen shot the green pea recipe to try next. Yum!

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Never heard of it. We make chickpea hummus a lot. If I made it I would probably try it without the cumin first.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)