Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Asian new year dinner

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hi everyone! Is anyone celebrating the new year? What are you cooking?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
othermom
by Danelle on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Not us. But tonight we are having a roast

mcginnisc
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM

We will celebrate CNY on 2/10 and on 2/16. On 2/10, we will actually go to our fave Chinese restaurant provided they are open..some years they close and others they don't.. On  the 16th, we will go to a CNY celebration. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Godspitgrl
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM

not here

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM

No but it sounds interesting!  What are you making?

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:58 AM

We are not. We are going out to dinner tonight.

yankeefan828
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Yes new years day is the 10th. The eve I uses to go to have dinner with my family and when I got home I started the new years dumplings and eat them at midnight. But I moved far away so I'm only going for the day especially since the eve lands on my Bday. the day I'm going to my grandmas apartment and we have dim sum and wait until the dragon comes out at 1 then have dinner later on. It's a long day but it's a huge tradition in our family and dd loves it

Quoting mcginnisc:

We will celebrate CNY on 2/10 and on 2/16. On 2/10, we will actually go to our fave Chinese restaurant provided they are open..some years they close and others they don't.. On  the 16th, we will go to a CNY celebration. 

mcginnisc
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Quoting yankeefan828:

Yes new years day is the 10th. The eve I uses to go to have dinner with my family and when I got home I started the new years dumplings and eat them at midnight. But I moved far away so I'm only going for the day especially since the eve lands on my Bday. the day I'm going to my grandmas apartment and we have dim sum and wait until the dragon comes out at 1 then have dinner later on. It's a long day but it's a huge tradition in our family and dd loves it

Quoting mcginnisc:

NIce! 

Our dd is adopted from China so we implement as many Chinese holidays into our family traditions as possible. There aren't many opporunities to celebrate CNY here so we go to one that our adoption group puts on every year. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

yankeefan828
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Well that's great that you keep her I touch with her culture. Yes there's not that many holidays people can celebrate in the us. I have to travel from pa to ny to stay in touch with my culture and see family. Dd loves ni hao kailan so that helps a lot lol

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting yankeefan828:

Quoting mcginnisc:

NIce! 

Our dd is adopted from China so we implement as many Chinese holidays into our family traditions as possible. There aren't many opporunities to celebrate CNY here so we go to one that our adoption group puts on every year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN