- 6 cups cubed (1-inch) Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 1/2 cups panko, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
In a large Dutch oven, combine potatoes and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and mash.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 2 cups panko, egg, cheese, bacon, onion, butter, sour cream, garlic, salt, and pepper. Form potatoes into 3-inch patties; dredge in remaining panko.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato patties, and cook, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until brown and crisp. Serve immediately.
taken from http://www.foodnetwork.com/