The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Deviled eggs

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
  • 23 Replies
Hello ladies,

I've never liked deviled eggs- at least I never thought I would.

But when we invited friends over for thanksgiving they brought Deviled eggs with them. In an attempt to be a good hostess I tried and fell in LOVE!
I know it's considered simple to some but I've never made them.

How do you make deviled eggs?!
Hers had this red seasoning on them I'm not sure what.
Yes I'm the kind that needs step by step directions till I get comfortable doing it on my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la-cosa-nostra
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Hard boil the eggs.

Cut them in half longways and remove the yolk.

Mix the yolks with mayonaisse and a little mustard. Some people may make the filling different, but this is how I do it.

Pipe the filling into the space on the egg whites.

Sprinkle with paprika, that's the red stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM
How much mayo and mustard?
Told you I need step by step! Lol

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

Hard boil the eggs.

Mix the yolks with mayonaisse and a little mustard. Some people may make the filling different, but this is how I do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la-cosa-nostra
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM
LOL well I eyeball it and keep tasting it till I think its right so I'm not sure. But just a little squirt of mustard and enough mayo to make it a creamy consistancy. Start with less and add more as needed though, because if you start with too much mayo, there's no way to really fix that.

Quoting AleaKat:

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

Hard boil the eggs.

AleaKat
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Yea. I understand. I make my own pizza and spaghetti sauce. I have no idea how much if anything I use. I just taste it as I go. Lol
I'm getting to be a fairly good cook but if its something I've never made I go by the recipe till I'm comfortable enough to tweak it to my liking.
Thanks!!!

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

LOL well I eyeball it and keep tasting it till I think its right so I'm not sure. But just a little squirt of mustard and enough mayo to make it a creamy consistancy. Start with less and add more as needed though, because if you start with too much mayo, there's no way to really fix that.

Quoting AleaKat:

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

Hard boil the eggs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la-cosa-nostra
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Well deviled eggs are pretty simple. It sounds like you make much more complicated stuff, I'm sure you will do fine!

Quoting AleaKat:

Yea. I understand. I make my own pizza and spaghetti sauce. I have no idea how much if anything I use. I just taste it as I go. Lol

I'm getting to be a fairly good cook but if its something I've never made I go by the recipe till I'm comfortable enough to tweak it to my liking.

Thanks!!!

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

Quoting AleaKat:

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

Hard boil the eggs.

coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM
I was the same way but my kids love them so I went to deviledeggs.com and found lots of recipes. I use the classic recipe but tinker around with the measurements to suit our taste (more dried mustard, a little more vinegar). So simple and very yummy. I want to try the other versions too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I grew up with them yummy. We would always eyeball cuz some egg yolks taste weaker than others. We used mayo mustard a dash of dry mustard and a easy of pickle juice. Mix and adjust accordingly. Sprinkle with paprika refrigerate till ready to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sanj1213
by Juanita on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I've actually never made them, but sounds easy enough. 

othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I have never made them, but I do like them

elijahsmama09
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people make them with Miracle Whip and that is a different taste, much more sweet. I use regular mayo. I also put in a dash of chipotle tabasco sauce. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)