Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Onion ring batter- update!

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
  • 20 Replies
Need a good batter recipe for onion rings.

What's the best beer to use for beer battered onion rings!

How ever much beer you use ur that much flour maybe a little more to thicken plus seasoning of choice!

Example: 1 cup flour so 1 cup beer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
??????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I don't have one for beer battered. I'm doing mine in the oven with egg white and bread crumbs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I tried baked onion rings but they just don't taste as good as the fattening kind... Lol

Quoting emilyrosenj:

I don't have one for beer battered. I'm doing mine in the oven with egg white and bread crumbs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM
I was told to cook with a beer you like to drink. My hunnies.best friend always finds a good ale to use. I do not have a recipe I was watching a show last night that mad onion rings and they looked soo good. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I don't like beer but I had some beer battered rings a while ago and they were fantastic.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

I was told to cook with a beer you like to drink. My hunnies.best friend always finds a good ale to use. I do not have a recipe I was watching a show last night that mad onion rings and they looked soo good. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Haha I don't like beer either. Growing up my mom used Budweiser. But hunnies buddy loves the better beers to cook with. If you go to a liquor store and ask they can give you some ideas.

Quoting AleaKat:

I don't like beer but I had some beer battered rings a while ago and they were fantastic.

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM
My cousin worked at a restaurant and he says colors light but i dont know

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Haha I don't like beer either. Growing up my mom used Budweiser. But hunnies buddy loves the better beers to cook with. If you go to a liquor store and ask they can give you some ideas.

Quoting AleaKat:

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sanj1213
by Juanita on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM

My husband makes a beer batter for coconut shrimp and just uses whatever beer he has. 

othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Sounds yummy

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never made them, nor do I drink beer, but I did some research.  From what I can tell, a so-called 'medium-bodied' beer (I guess that would be along the same lines of a medium-roast coffee) is best for beer-battered onion rings.  I checked some sites to get more info about medium-bodied beers, and one that kept coming up was Samuel Adams Boston Lager.  As for actual recipes, here are some links.

Beer Battered Onion Rings

Beer-Battered Onion Rings

Beer Batter Onion Rings

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN