The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Weekly food traditions?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM
  • 25 Replies

Does your family have any weekly food traditions?

Friends of ours do a weekly pizza and movie night. I like that idea but my husband works retail and his hours vary weekly.

Growing up we used to listen to the football game on the radio and play games and have snack foods. I always enjoyed that.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Not really, atleast not weekly. I try to do breakfast for dinner once a month
othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM

On birthdays the person whos birthday it is gets to pick out what they want for dinner

dsebastian23
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Saturday nights are family fun night...we dont necessarily eat pizza every saturday but we do get to have a "fun" meal...weather it be tacos, nachos, pizza, pancakes and we also do a movie.

othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Quoting dsebastian23:

Saturday nights are family fun night...we dont necessarily eat pizza every saturday but we do get to have a "fun" meal...weather it be tacos, nachos, pizza, pancakes and we also do a movie.

That sounds fun

campingmomof4
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Friday nights when the kids where home was fast food night.   We didn't buy it I made it.  We would do chicken fingers and french fries or tacos, etc.  When my youngest daughter lived at home we always did pasta night on Wednesday's.  She was a runner and had meets on Friday.   So he need to build up on the carbs. 

Now that it is just dh and I we will still have the tendency to want those foods on those nights sense we are so use to eating them.   We just eat them healthier then when we had 4 teenagers to feed. 

proudmommy690
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Not really but if I know DH is having a hard week, I like to make buffalo chicken mac 7 cheese. It's his favorite comfort food and I know he appreciates the gesture very much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaMaLaLa78
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM

My hubby's family used to do family pizza night at their house.  It was so much fun- take out/delivery, salad, and just a chance to catch up.   We no longer do pizza night because his mother passed and his dad remarried.  They don't do stuff like that now.  

ToYnyc
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:34 PM

i cook a sunday dinner, which is usually bigger than what i cook durring the week.

ACrowsNest
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:25 PM

We have "cheat day" on Saturdays... Sun-Fri we eat only salads, roasted veggies, or homemade soup. Saturday we go out for lunch and have something really naughty... philly cheesesteaks last week, and pizza the week before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)