Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Snacks

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 42 Replies

Do you have any go to snacks for when you are really hungry.  I had cereal for breakfast but am still hungry and am trying to think of something that sounds good to eat. Later in the day I might have a granola bar, carrots, apple or something, but none of those sound good right now. I might have some toast with peanut butter. What do you like to snack on.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
copperswifey
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM

We have been trying to eat better so if I have a sweet tooth I made some blueberry cheesecake popsicle thingys or I will take frozen bananas and put them in the processor and let it go until the banana's are smooth. I might add a little bit of cocoa powder and a few almonds. It taste just like ice cream. I also love grapes!

If I want something salty I will have some venison jerky that we make or some goldfish crackers. :)

othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Quoting copperswifey:

We have been trying to eat better so if I have a sweet tooth I made some blueberry cheesecake popsicle thingys or I will take frozen bananas and put them in the processor and let it go until the banana's are smooth. I might add a little bit of cocoa powder and a few almonds. It taste just like ice cream. I also love grapes!

If I want something salty I will have some venison jerky that we make or some goldfish crackers. :)

Those all sound great

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I am a sweets person =) So cookies and ice cream for me.

butcher
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM

chocolate chow mein is good snack alternative

Chocolate Chow Mein Microwave 1/4 cup each peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter until melted. Put 3 cups each chow mein noodles and Chex cereal, and 1/2 cup each chopped peanuts and raisins in a resealable plastic bag; add the chocolate mixture and shake to coat. Add 2 cups confectioners' sugar and shake again.

butcher
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Roll out refrigerated pizza dough to 1/4 inch thick; cut into 3-inch rounds. Dollop with cream cheese and jam. Brush the edges with beaten egg, fold in half and press to seal. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Poke a hole in each; bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees F

ethans_momma06
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM

What ever crap I have in the cupboard unf.

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:35 PM

YUM!!!!

Quoting butcher:

Chocolate Chow Mein Microwave 1/4 cup each peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter until melted. Put 3 cups each chow mein noodles and Chex cereal, and 1/2 cup each chopped peanuts and raisins in a resealable plastic bag; add the chocolate mixture and shake to coat. Add 2 cups confectioners' sugar and shake again.

acrogodess
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Green seedless grapes with some cheddar cheese and crackers. Yum.

Or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat toast with a cup of chocolate milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Quoting acrogodess:

Green seedless grapes with some cheddar cheese and crackers. Yum.

Or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat toast with a cup of chocolate milk.

Those sound tasty. I don't usuaaly make peanutbutter and jelly, but I might have to, I usually do one or the other

othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM

That sounds tasty.

Quoting charlene_kyle:

YUM!!!!

Quoting butcher:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN