Orange Teriyaki Beef with Noodles from the Betty Crocker site!
- pound boneless beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 3/4
- cups Progresso® beef flavored broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- cup teriyaki stir-fry sauce
- tablespoons orange marmalade
- Dash of ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 1/2
- cups snap pea pods
- 1 1/2
- cups uncooked fine egg noodles (3 ounces)
- 1Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook beef in skillet 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Remove beef from skillet; keep warm.
- 2Add broth, stir-fry sauce, marmalade and red pepper to skillet. Heat to boiling. Stir in pea pods and noodles; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook about 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- 3Stir in beef. Cook uncovered 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
Garnish this dish with orange slices and chopped fresh chives. For a great salad, pick up a bag of prewashed spinach and toss with mandarin orange segments. Top it off with a sweet-and-sour dressing and chopped green onions.
A variety of teriyaki sauces is available in the Asian-foods section of the grocery store. Some are thick and some a bit thinner, so you may want to experiment to find the one you like best.
- PREP TIME 5 Min
- TOTAL TIME 20 Min
- SERVINGS 4