Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Playing catch-up!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:31 PM
  • 22 Replies

So, oh my goodness! I am sure most of you have heard about the mess with the Navy not deploying the Truman (my husband's ship)...well, I went to see him "one last time" before he left for 8 months+ and while we were out at dinner we got the call that deployment had been postponed. It has been insane. Now I am going back to trying to find an apartment in VA so my girls and I can move up there until deployment actually happens. It has been such a rollercoaster of emotions!! I mean, we were prepared for deployment both physcially and mentally and then it is like everything was tossed into the air and we are trying to figure everything out again. 

Needless to say, I expected to still keep up and check in here but with all that has gone on I have been stretched thin. But I am playing catch up and will have some new posts of my own soon!! I had some FABULOUS food while in VA visiting my husband!!! 

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Godspitgrl
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:03 PM

So glad you got to spend more time iwth him I know what that is like.

sanj1213
by Juanita on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Glad to see you checking in:)

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Thanks for checking in! Glad you will have more time together.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Crazy! I'm an army wife so I understand how that could just throw everything off.  We spend so much time building up to deployments that sometimes the wait to get it started is the hardest part.

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Frustrating!!  I hope you get some great time in with your hubby!

KristinRox
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Wow.. its great that you get to spend more time with your dh, but what a rollercoaster that must be. Teetering on the unknown would be awful. 

Harris06
by Megan on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Exactly! I broke down and cried the other night with him and was like, "I just want you to leave!" LOL Luckily, he understood and felt the same way. 

Quoting LOswald0314:

Crazy! I'm an army wife so I understand how that could just throw everything off.  We spend so much time building up to deployments that sometimes the wait to get it started is the hardest part.

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Harris06
by Megan on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

It is an adventure, let me tell you. :) If there is one thing the Navy has taught me it is flexibility. 

Quoting KristinRox:

Wow.. its great that you get to spend more time with your dh, but what a rollercoaster that must be. Teetering on the unknown would be awful. 

Sisteract
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM

:( what a PITA

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM

that would be frustrating. Hope things calm down for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement