The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Should I bring a treat?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 26 Replies

Hi ladies,

I organized a "gathering request" for my 31st birthday. Its not a party. Just wanted all of my friends to get to gether and do lunch. Its at a local Thai Temple Market. They serve hot Thai food all afternoon on Sundays on the grounds of their Temple. I love gong there and so do they.

I am not buying anything for this event.

...but part of me thinks I should at least bring some cup cakes. Unfortunately they sell sweets there, so I dont know if its allowed and there is no way for us to find out.

What do you think I should do?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LOswald0314
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Can you call them and ask if it would be ok if you brought something for your bday?  If not, I don't think it's a big deal, sounds like an interesting place!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Id bring them if you want to and play dumb if they have an issue. 

KristinRox
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Most places that sell food frown upon people who bring in food from other places. So Id say you dont need any treats. Let the birthday gathering be about you. 

JOIN US ON:

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Quoting LOswald0314:

Can you call them and ask if it would be ok if you brought something for your bday?  If not, I don't think it's a big deal, sounds like an interesting place!

No they dont answer their phones for the numbers I have found. They are also not responding to voicemails.

But Monks walk the grounds as we eat to make sure there isnt trash on the ground and everyone is peaceful.

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Quoting KristinRox:

Most places that sell food frown upon people who bring in food from other places. So Id say you dont need any treets. Let the birthday gathering about you. 

Thats what I was worried about.

CafeMom Tickers
LiveLearnEat
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I'd call and ask, otherwise I think it should be fine (if they're obviously special birthday treats with icing or something).

xx,
LLE
http://living-learning-eating.blogspot.com 

elasmimi
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I agree!

Quoting KristinRox:

Most places that sell food frown upon people who bring in food from other places. So Id say you dont need any treets. Let the birthday gathering about you. 

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Maybe you could make the cupcakes and package them so everyone could take one home for a treat. I saw a pin on Pinterest to package cupcakes individually using the small clear plastic cups, a cellophane treat bag, and ribbon.
goddess99
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I wouldn't bring anything, just go and wing it. Happy Birthday.

Harris06
by Megan on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I agree with this. Just relax and have your day! You can always have cupcakes or something later at a different place if you want. 

BTW, I LOVE Thai food!!!

Quoting KristinRox:

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)