Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

meal planning, in need of recipes...help please

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 17 Replies
I want to start meal planning so I'm not running around wondering what to make that night. I'm a picky eater, I like poultry and beef (not extremely crazy about ground beef other than meatloaf). I feel like we're always eating the same things... I need new recipes. Please help. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a good recipe that I got from CM a while back:

3 envelope chicken:

chicken breasts
1 packet dry ranch dressing
1 packet dry italian dressing
1 packet dry chicken gravy
1 cup water

Place chicken breasts in the crockpot. Mix together seasonings and water. Pour over chicken. Cook on low 6-8 hours until chicken is cooked. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice. If more gravy is desired, you can double the water.

You can  shred the chicken after its cooked and serve it on buns.

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM

We love to do chicken with all sorts of things.  Chicken taco salad, chicken fajitas, chicken with spaghetti, chicken in a marinade served with rice, chicken in tons of soups, etc.  We also use a lot of ground turkey instead of ground beef so anything we would normally make with ground beef we use the turkey like tacos, turkey burgers, etc. 

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Bumping for you, good question. =)

othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I hope that you can find some. I would love some recipies too. I usually make the same stuff often

othermom
by Danelle on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM

We do baked chicken often, or chicken breast cut up and cooked in the pan and added to rice. Also roasts in the crock pot with either bbq sauce for pulled pork/beef or as a roast with veggies.

jessicasmom1
by Laina on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:01 PM

stuffed chicken, chicken cordon blue, chicken stuffed with broccoli and cheese, chicken taco's , chicken chili

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I don't have any recipes but if you enjoy cooking pick a theme. Italian, Chinese,or a Spanish theme you can fit chicken or beef into any of those recipes.
MrsWhite101610
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
How do you stuff your chicken with broccoli and cheese?

Quoting jessicasmom1:

stuffed chicken, chicken cordon blue, chicken stuffed with broccoli and cheese, chicken taco's , chicken chili

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Laina on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I usually use leftover broccoli and cheese soup,, add a extra slice of cheese . I pound the chicken out , lay it on bread crumbs, seasoning put a spoon of that soup on it and a slice of cheese roll it up sometimes you may have to toothpick it to stay together. I suppose you could use cut broccoli partially cooked and cheese also.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting jessicasmom1:

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Thanks

Quoting jessicasmom1:

I usually use leftover broccoli and cheese soup,, add a extra slice of cheese . I pound the chicken out , lay it on bread crumbs, seasoning put a spoon of that soup on it and a slice of cheese roll it up sometimes you may have to toothpick it to stay together. I suppose you could use cut broccoli partially cooked and cheese also.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting jessicasmom1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement